Collections & Repossession
A Connecticut Creditor's Rights Law Firm Handling Your Case from Beginning to End
Collections and repossessions, while a necessary business function, do not contribute to the growth, and is not the best use of your time. They are complex and time-consuming and all too often when you turn the work over to a collection agency, you still end up juggling details.
That's not the case at Grady & Riley, LLP. Our Waterbury and Woodbury collection attorneys supervise a team dedicated to creditor collections. We control every aspect of the collections and repossession process.
We handle creditor collections across the state of Connecticut, serving the needs of nursing homes and convalescent homes, credit unions, manufacturers and banks, and a variety of small and medium-sized businesses.
When your company needs help securing assets owed to you, contact Grady & Riley, LLP, for prompt, professional service. We handle most collections on a contingency fee basis. We facilitate payments through ACH transfers and other post-judgment procedures.
At Grady & Riley, LLP, we handle the entire repossession process from beginning to end. We handle repossessions of motor vehicles, boats, motor homes and trailers. We will:
- Hire repossession professionals
- Handle insurance claims
- Organize vehicle auctions
- Pursue deficiency judgments
- Provide thorough and comprehensive reports
You need only call our office to get the process started.
Nursing Home Collections
Nursing homes face special collections challenges. Nursing homes benefit from working with a Waterbury collections attorney with estate planning experience, who knows the laws regarding Title XIX, and how clients' families may be estate planning vehicles to hide assets and inappropriately evade payment for services. For our nursing home clients, we will:
- Conduct an asset search
- Review the legality of asset transfers in trusts
- Litigate in superior court to have fraudulent conveyance transfers set aside
- Litigate against responsible parties for failure to obtain Title XIX benefits for their family member or ward
- Litigate in probate court to facilitate payment
Full Service Creditor Collections
As Connecticut creditor’s rights lawyers, we provide regular reporting and progressive disbursements and we track interest on every judgment. Few firms do that. Contact our law offices to discuss our collection services that include the following:
- Perform credit reports, people locators, and asset locators for each unpaid file
- Make payment arrangements with debtors including workout agreements
- Negotiate settlement agreements
- Make all required demands on the debtor
- Process wage executions and garnishments, bank executions, property executions, and judgment liens
- Represent lenders/creditors in bankruptcy proceedings
- Ensure that employers pay the proper amount on wage executions