Estate Planning, Probate & Administration
Connecticut Tax Planning, Estate Planning and Probate Administration Lawyers
What the clients of Grady & Riley, LLP, appreciate most about working with our firm is the comprehensive level of service that our Woodbury estate planning lawyers and Waterbury probate attorneys provide. We work hard to protect family members and assets now and into the future.
Contact Grady & Riley, LLP, for efficient legal service from a competent, caring staff. At our firm, we put the clients' needs first.
Appropriate Legal Advice after Careful Listening
At Grady & Riley, LLP, careful listening is always the first step in helping clients identify their goals and understand their options.
Some clients come to us for advice. We regularly consult with clients regarding:
- Income tax planning
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Review of long-term care insurance options
- Elder law issues such as Title XIX Medicaid planning
- Retirement planning and advice on the coordination of municipal pension plans and Social Security
- Planning for the care of disabled or elderly family members
Some clients come to us for their current family needs. We work with many families who want to ensure the care of an elder or disabled family member. Firm partner and estate planning lawyer Thomas V. Riley, is a professional member of the Planned Lifetime Assistance Network, Inc. that provides trust and advocacy services for the families of disabled persons.
Some clients come to us for their family's future needs. We provide a full range of tax planning, estate planning, and probate administration assistance. Contact us for any of the following:
- Wills and pour-over wills
- Trusts and living trusts to minimize tax consequences and ensure proper transfer of estates and businesses
- Special needs trusts to ensure care for vulnerable family members
- Powers of attorney (Medical Powers of Attorney and Durable Powers of Attorney) to designate decision-making authority
- Living wills to give instructions to your family regarding medical care near the end of life
- Guardianship and conservatorships to designate decision-making authority for vulnerable adults and for children
Probate and Estate Administration
Our Waterbury and Woodbury probate attorneys work in all probate courts in New Haven County and Litchfield County, Connecticut. We also work with many out-of-state clients seeking probate help. We provide comprehensive services:
- Make probate court appearances
- Collect life insurance policies
- Determine creditors and pay debts
- Prepare court filings
- Prepare individual and estate tax returns and handle all accounting
If someone challenges a decision made in the administration process, the next step is probate litigation. We provide services for families dealing with will contests and title disputes. We also defend and prosecute fiduciaries and help settle claims in probate court.
Contact Grady & Riley, LLP, to schedule a free initial consultation.